Pravus Mentis

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pravus Mentis of Firiona Vie

Latest topics

» Missing our players!!!!
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:00 am by Softfingers

» Where's the RAID?????
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:01 pm by Cloey

» Hello all I am looking for Parchements etc for spell research as well as baking and poison supplies!!!!
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 am by Cloey

» Fabled Time Raid Sunday 4/28/13
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:56 am by Cloey

» I cannot see the latest topics posted on my main page
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm by swath

» Scams and problems with outside game suppliers
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:20 pm by swath

» Helpful site for new and old Zerkers
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm by swath

» Looking for a few good...
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:01 pm by Angyl

» Older content progression
Veil of Alaris Overview    I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 pm by Angyl

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Guild Voice Chat

ventrilo Hosting by InstantVentrilo.com

Veil of Alaris Overview

swath
    Nightstalker's Den

Character sheet
    Name: Swath
    Level: 100
    Class: Ranger

Veil of Alaris Overview    Empty Veil of Alaris Overview

Post by swath Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Veil of Alaris is EverQuest's 18th expansion. It was announced on July 13, 2011, and had an official launch date of November 15, 2011.

•For the original announcement, see this news story.
    •For the expansion release patch message, see this news story.

Features

•Improved Hotbars
    ◦Have better control of your characters experience with a revamp of the Hotbar system including the ability to display more hotbars with more buttons; assign icons to individual buttons; link and click on items from your hotbar instead of hot-swappping; and cool-down timers!

•Parcel & Coin Delivery system
    ◦Mail items and coin to your friends while they are offline; share profits from your adventures with your friends and receive items from them easier than ever before!

•New Guild Halls
    ◦Take Guild Halls to new heights with an integration of Tools and Functionality derived from EverQuest's robust Housing System. Customize and place your guild hall in one of our housing zones including multiple exterior and interiors.

•New Guild Rank-Based permission system – Personalize your Guilds with namable ranks and customizable permissions

•New Guild Trophies with varying bonuses!

•More than 800 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities beyond the norm

•13 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures

•12 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath

•500+ Spells – Exponentially add to your spell arsenal

•20 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions

•110+ Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot

•Legends of Norrath™ - 5 Digital Booster Packs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zones

•Check out this link for a list of zones in the Veil of Alaris expansion.

•There are four difficulty Tiers in this expansion:

•Tier 1:
    ◦Argath, Bastion of Illdaera
    ◦Valley of Lunanyn (northern portion of the zone)

•Tier 2:
    ◦Valley of Lunanyn (southern portion of the zone)
    ◦Sarith, City of Tides

•Tier 3:
    ◦Rubak Oseka, Temple of the Sea
    ◦Beasts' Domain
    ◦Resplendent Temple

•Tier 4:
    ◦Pillars of Alra
    ◦Windsong Sanctuary
    ◦Erillion, City of Bronze
    ◦Sepulcher of Order
    ◦Sepulcher West
    ◦Sepulcher East

•A screenshot of the in-game map of zone connections can be found here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting There

•There are three ways to get to Alaris:
    ◦Via the air ship in the southeastern part of the Steamfont Mountains
    ◦Via the Guild Hall portal (to Argath)
    ◦Via Druid or Wizard port (to various zones in the expansion, although these may be locked behind certain tasks/progression)

Progression

•There are no locked zones in this expansion. All zones are open.

•Progression centers around your Alaran Language skill level which is increased by doing tasks. You won't be able to request higher tier tasks until your language skill is up to a certain level.

•Other than the missions, none of the tasks in Argath or the Valley of Lunanyn require any language skill to request them.

•For more details about learning Alaran and for a (work in progress) list of tasks in the expansion, see our main progression article: Progression Through the Veil of Alaris Expansion

Raids

•This expansion offers a different method of raid progression and backflagging, as well as an alternative way for players to obtain a raid drop they'd like (as opposed to waiting for the RNG (random number generator) to give them something out of a chest).

•Fore more details, see our main raiding article: Raiding in Veil of Alaris

Armor

•Armor is produced in the same manner as in House of Thule.
    ◦There are no progression requirements for producing Tier 1 and Tier 2 armor.
    ◦Tier 3 and Tier 4 armor is locked behind a certain Alaran language skill level.

•For more details, see our main armor article: Veil of Alaris Armor Guide

AAs

•Certain (or all) Class AAs may be locked behind an Alaran language skill requirement. This requirement should be low enough that a few tasks in Argath can overcome it.

Spells

•Spells are obtained in the same manner as in House of Thule (Rk. I vendorbought; Rk. II result from droppable turn-ins; Rk. III result from no-trade raid drops).

•Most spells are locked behind a certain Alaran Language skill level.

•Rank I Spells
    ◦These spells are bought from vendors (found in the first area in Argath; findable with CTRL+F), but some of them are locked behind a certain Alaran language skill (nothing that a few Argath tasks won't unlock):
    ◦Basic Level 91-93 spells have no language requirement.
    ◦Other Level 91-93 spells and basic Level 94-95 spells have a language skill requirement of 25.
    ◦Other Level 94-95 spells have a language skill requirement of 50.
    ■Bards and Enchanters: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38169 Nori (-130, -50)
    ■Clerics and Paladins: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38167 Ephinia (100, -35)
    ■Rangers and Druids: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38165 Wonav (170, 60)
    ■Shadow Knights and Necromancers: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38166 Shelif (135, 60)
    ■Shamans and Beastlords: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38168 Stup (-17, -80)
    ■Wizards and Magicians: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38162 Matima (285, 220)
    ■Melee Tomes: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38164 Danibi (170, 60)
    ■Auras, Summons, Illusions: [http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=38163 Prilt the Summoner (340, 290)

•Rank II Spells
    ◦Tradeable Alaran Cantrips are dropped by mobs throughout the expansion.
    ◦Hail The Sklyg in Beasts' Domain (just outside Argath, within the confines of the gates). You can request a task from him and choose which spell you want.
    ◦Note: Rk. II spells require a certain Alaran language level before he'll give you the task (see below).
    ■Minor Alaran Cantrip results in a Level 91 spell/disc (no language pre-reqs)
    ■Lesser Alaran Cantrip results in a Level 92 spell/disc (minimum language: 25)
    ■Median Alaran Cantrip results in a Level 93 spell/disc (minimum language: 25)
    ■Greater Alaran Cantrip results in a Level 94 spell/disc (minimum language: 50)
    ■Glowing Alaran Cantrip results in a Level 95 spell/disc (minimum language: 50)

•Rank III Spells
    ◦NO TRADE Alaran Periapts are found in raid chests.
    ◦Hail The Sklyg in Beasts' Domain (just outside Argath, within the confines of the gates). You can request a task from him and choose which spell you want.
    ◦Note: Rk. III require a certain Alaran language level before he'll give you the task (see below).
    ■Minor Alaran Periapt results in a Level 91 spell/disc (minimum language: 25)
    ■Lesser Alaran Periapt results in a Level 92 spell/disc (minimum language: 50)
    ■Median Alaran Periapt results in a Level 93 spell/disc (minimum language: 50)
    ■Greater Alaran Periapt results in a Level 94 spell/disc (minimum language: 75)
    ■Glowing Alaran Periapt results in a Level 95 spell/disc (minimum language: 75)

•Note: Language skill requirements for spells are expected to lessen over time.

What's Going On
    Plenty of lore was to be found in the VOA Pre-Launch events. See this quest entry for an overview and a list of events that went on prior to the expansion launch.

(More lore in the coming days..)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm